1. Make your own mosquito repellent that actually smells good!
Directions: Just add the following ingredients to a small jar, cover with a lid and shake well.
- 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- 10 drops of lemon balm oil (citronella)
Application: Just dab it onto your skin and watch those mosquito’s run (or fly) for the hills!
2. Quick and Easy 10 minute Coconut Chai (serves 4)
Ingredients: cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, fine ground black pepper, fresh ginger, black tea bags, optional: maple syrup or natural sweetener of choice
- Before you leave for your trip, mix equal parts cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper in a small jar.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of the pre-made spice blend, and 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger to a medium size pot. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add 4 tea bags and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tea bags with a spoon and add 1 can of coconut milk. Heat until it starts to boil stirring occasionally.
- Sweeten to taste and ENJOY!
3. Skip the S’mores and Try making these delectable Stuffed Dates instead!
Coconut Cardamom Stuffed Dates
- Medjool Dates (10)
- Coconut Butter (sometimes it’s called “coconut manna” NOT coconut OIL… You can find it at your natural foods store) (1/2 cup)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (1 cup)
- Ghee (1 tablespoon)
- Lime (1)
- Cardamom Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- Himalayan Pink Salt (a pinch)
- On low heat- Warm up 1/2 cup of coconut butter with1 tablespoon of ghee. Only warm until soft. Just needs to warm up enough to melt… then let it cool to room temp in a separate bowl
- Squeeze the lime juice into a separate bowl and strain pulp/seeds if there are any.
- Add the cardamom, cinnamon, salt, and lime
- Dry toast about a half cup of unsweetened coconut shreds on medium heat until golden brown (this happens fast, so keep a close eye!) Then remove from heat and put in a separate bowl so they don’t continue to cook.
- Open dates and remove pits- split in half with your fingers and make little boats.
- Slowly add the coconut shreds to the coconut butter mixture until you have reached desired firm “stuffable” consistency.
- Stuff the mixture into the date boats and sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon if desired.
Please like and share if you enjoyed this post!
All the best,