It is a natural tendency to associate Ayurveda with herbs and minerals, but this is not true. This is because Ayurveda concerns your diet, your lifestyle, the environment that you live in and the state of your mental health. Ayurveda guides how to modify your lifestyle and optimize body functions. In Ayurveda lot of importance is given to mental health as it plays an important role in determining your physical health. Ayurveda benefits in everyday life are such that you need to look at ways to implement it in your daily life.
- Wake up early – Ayurveda says that you should rise before dawn at 4:30 – 5:00 AM. This is the purest and most fresh time of the day. Waking up at this time will help you to remain positive and energetic throughout the day.
- Eat an ayurvedic diet – If you want Ayurveda benefits in everyday life then it is advisable to emphasize more on seasonally fresh and organic vegetables and fruits along with whole grains and legumes. Stay away from processed, oily or junk food.
- Start your day with honey water – For this, you need to add one teaspoon honey in half a pint of water and drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This will aid in clearing the toxins from your body.
- Get sufficient sleep – The body needs time to detoxify and rejuvenate and the best time for this is when you are sleeping. If you get good quality and enough sleep then the inner cells work in harmony and it will strengthen your immune system and circulate energy throughout your body.
- Take a walk every day – Walking is simple and yet the best form of exercise. The best time to take a walk is early morning.
- Follow a schedule – Make a schedule of all the things that you need to do during the day and stick to it. This will create a mental, emotional and physical balance in your life.
- Eliminate toxins – As soon as you wake up the attempt to clear the toxins from the body in the form of urine or stools. Do not delay the activity of excretion because this will add toxins to your body.
- Drink a lot of water – If you drink plenty of water every day then it will aid in flushing out the toxins from the body faster. It will also ensure the smooth running of the digestive system which is good for overall well being.
- Oil massage – Massaging yourself with oil every day is a good way to activate your muscles and it will also prevent wrinkles and other damage due to aging. It is also a good way to activate your muscles and ensure that you remain energetic throughout the day.
- Meditation – Some form of meditation is necessary to keep your mental health intact and this, in turn, will ensure that you remain physically healthy.
These simple activities will help you to gain Ayurveda benefits in everyday life. They will keep you mentally, emotionally and physically healthy and ensure that you stay safe from many lifestyle ailments.